Here's a quick checklist to develop an action plan for doing your own credit repair.
- Get a copy of your three-in-one credit report
- Highlight any incorrect, outdated, and incomplete accounts
- Create a filing system for your dispute letter(s). Follow these recommendations for getting organized.
- Choose a credit repair technique
- Write your dispute letter(s) using these tips.
- Send your letters certified mail with return receipts.
- Get in the habit of pulling your credit score every 2-3 months to check for progress.